[tz] Adding a "test" region?

Matthew Donadio matt at mxd120.com
Wed Jan 24 23:28:56 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Paul G <paul at ganssle.io> wrote:

> To be clear, this is mostly about testing tzdata compilers, not consumers
> of the compiled files (though it would also be useful for that). I think
> that this would come with a change to `zic` to add either a --test or a
> --no-test flag which would compile or not compile the test zones as
> appropriate.

I'm a consumer, and would love to have a "Test" area with stable, define
edge cases in the default database so we could use these in our automated
testing, rather than picking ones like Pacific/Tongatapu
and Pacific/Kwajalein.  But, we already filter the list so normal user's
don't see Etc and similar, but power users can still use them if they need
to.