[tz] Adding a "test" region?

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Thu Jan 25 15:36:00 UTC 2018

Philip Paeps said:
> Calling it "Test" is almost 100% guaranteed to ensure it'll never
> actually be tested.  May as well hide it in the Makefile somewhere.
[...]
> Though I feel it would be better if it were less obvious to filter.  I'd
> prefer an end user spend two milliseconds wondering 'where is Negative
> Save Land? ... ooh!  Fictional ocean.  Cute easter egg!' to distributors
> not testing ever.

If a distributor or other user of TZ doesn't test the test data, then as
far as I'm concerned they have absolutely no grounds to complain when real
changes break their systems.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.