[tz] Adding a "test" region?

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Thu Jan 25 16:53:22 UTC 2018

On 25 January 2018 at 16:44, Robert Elz <kre at munnari.oz.au> wrote:
> Of course.   But the expectation is that you'd also run all of the
> other tests for all of the other interfaces that you have (I am sure
> your team of paid professionals has created such tests) with the test
> time zone.

I'm not part of CLDR, nor am I paid to work on date/time issues.

> That way you get to discover whether any of your interfaces have problems,
> before things are being deployed in real timezones, and have time to
> make corrections.

It can be tested for a specific stack, but not for all possible stacks
(as I indicated in the other thread). As such, I think a test file
might at best act as an early warning of what will be a problem, not
necessarily as a way to get those problems solved.

Stephen