[tz] OpenJDK/CLDR/ICU/Joda issues with Ireland change

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 25 21:20:53 UTC 2018

On 01/25/2018 12:43 PM, Paul G wrote:
> Is this version information file intended for actual distribution and/or distributed by anyone?
Although the version file is intended to be stable and useful for
distributors who want to install it, it wasn't added until 2016h, tzdb
Makefile does not install it, and I don't know of any distributions that
install it. The file tzdata.zi is installed by default and it contains a
version number, but this wasn't added until 2018a and hardly anybody
uses it in production now.