[tz] EU Public Consultation on summertime arrangements

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Thu Jul 12 09:27:24 UTC 2018

Le 11/07/2018 à 19:56, Brian Inglis a écrit :
>> Taking the world as a whole, you are no doubt correct, but most of the people at
>> the EU who will be reading Paul's submission will be perfectly aware of European
>> geography!
> I would prefer to not make the mistake of that assumption regarding the
> politicians who will be discussing and voting on this measure, as their focus
> tends to be local and short term, as are many who elect them.

Seriously? This side discussion started because of a suggestion that
some people might not find it odd to call a time zone for France
"Eastern European time". I don't have particularly high expectations of
politicians' knowledge either, as a general rule, but I do think it is
fair to say that any EU politicians and bureaucrats involved will be
aware that France is not in the eastern portion of Europe by any
definition!!!

But we are getting totally off topic here - no more from me on this aspect!

--
John