[tz] Fiji DST 2018/19

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Sun Jul 15 21:34:40 UTC 2018

The third Tuesday in January falls between 1/15 and 1/21, so the Sunday
before would range from 1/13 to 1/19. With that, our guess of "Jan Sun>=13"
for the end of DST, one day before the start of School Term 1, seems
reasonable.

"Seven weeks earlier" than that, though, ranges from 11/25 to 12/1 the
previous year, which seems very wrong for the start of DST based on the
recent precedent of "Nov Sun>=1". It is likely the start of DST is not
specifically tied to the end of School Term 3.

--
Tim Parenti
sent from my Android phone