[tz] Palestine summer time 2018

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 16 18:42:09 UTC 2018

Thanks for the heads-up. Proposed patch attached, which changes the
predicted transition from the last Saturday in March to the fourth
Saturday in March. The changed prediction affects not only 2018, but
also 2019, 2024, 2025, 2029-2031, etc. The predicted transitions are
from 01:00 to 02:00, as before. Please let us know if you can think of a
better guess.

Unfortunately, this is not much notice for a change that will occur in
eight days. Expect a new tzdb release soon. I think most users won't be
updated in time, though. Is there some way we can inform the Palestinian
authorities of the issues involved? Please see
<https://codeofmatt.com/2016/04/23/on-the-timing-of-time-zone-changes/>.