Eliot Lear lear at ofcourseimright.com
Fri May 11 19:18:12 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I would like to bring to your attention two drafts that we have formed a
mailing list around two drafts:

draft-murchison-tzdist-geolocate-01
The Time Zone Data Distribution Service (TZDIST) Geolocate Extension

The basic idea behind this draft is, given a geo: URI, please provide
provide an appropriate TZID.

And

draft-murchison-tzdist-tzif-00
The Time Zone Information Format (TZif)

This document is the one I've been waiting for a long time: it describes
the format that those tz files have been using, and it features as
co-authors Paul Eggert and Arthur David Olson.

The intent is to do a sort of micro-wg to get both of these docs turned
into RFCs.  To do that, we need good reviewers, particularly ones who
have previously cracked and parsed the tz files (bonus points if you
were crazy enough to write out one!!).