[tz] Epic fail for DST fallback in hospital health records

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 5 02:11:36 UTC 2018

On Nov 4, 2018, at 5:59 PM, Guy Harris <guy at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> So it's probably just that Epic never got DST handling right.

Back in 1979, UNIX wasn't as big a platform that sort of application as it is now; if they started on VMS (I don't know whether it had a "get the time in UTC" API back then) or on MVS (I'm not sure what it offers), maybe using local time was a more obvious choice, but you'd still think they'd know that stuff does happen at hospitals between 1 AM and 3 AM on Sunday, so....