[tz] CalConnect Public Time Zone Workshop

Mon Nov 12 20:56:17 UTC 2018

On 2018-11-12 11:16, Dave.Thewlis at calconnect.org wrote:
> Tuesday afternoon, February 5th, during its conference at Google in Zürich,
> Switzerland <http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019>.
>
> The Time Zone Workshop will be *Tuesday February 5th* from 13:30 to 17:30 at
> the Google facility
> http://www.calconnect.org/events/calconnect-xliv-february-4-8-2019#location
> This workshop will be focussed on the potential impact of EU Summer Time changes
> and how the changes might be mitigated; please see our news release
> http://www.calconnect.org/news/2018/10/30/calconnect-calls-eu-reconsider-timeline-proposed-seasonal-time-changes

The community would greatly benefit if you could request your keynote speakers
and presenters emphasize that politicians and bureaucrats making such changes
need to publish each such announcement months in advance, in an official legal
form, in an online government gazette or legal regulation announcement news
feed, with links to the official announcement distributed widely to public media
sources, for it to be acted on in time by the chain of database and software
developers, quality control and release engineering, and distribution networks.