[tz] Correcting daylight-savings time for central Missouri prior to 1967

Jane Eisenstein softweave at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:50:22 UTC 2018

I was born and raised in central Missouri and know most of Missouri did not observe daylight-savings time prior to 1967. Areas close to Kansas City or St. Louis did observe  daylight-savings time prior to 1967.  I’ve also attached supporting scans of Missouri daylight-savings time information from the 1991 revision of Time Changes in the U.S.A. by Doris Chase Doane.

The timezones database appears to assume all Missouri observed daylight savings whenever Chicago, Illinois did.

I would like to correct this mistake, but am not clear how to go about doing so. Can the daylight-savings time be set at the state level, then overridden for particular communities?

Best regards,
Jane Eisenstein