[tz] Correcting daylight-savings time for central Missouri prior to 1967

Zoidiasoft Tech zoidsoft at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 00:15:50 UTC 2018

> On Nov 23, 2018, at 6:56 PM, Phake Nick <c933103 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Even now, locally in upstate NY, the Amish are present and form a significant part of the population.  They never observe DST and are on standard time year around.  Most of them have sworn off any form of electricity aynway.  Situations like this are quite common in time change history.
> Would it warrant the creation of an additional tz region for them?

Since we all live in the same place, you will end up with multiple zones for the same region depending upon who you count as important.  The same would be the case then for the Apache in southern CO, the ethnic Uyghurs in China, etc…  If your app is about charting airline arrival and departure times, then using an Amish schedule would be foolish.  They use horses for transportation anyway.  In my own software, I just add a TMessage (a string list) which takes the julian date as a parameter to warn users about these exceptions.  Unfortunately it is far from being all encompassing, but as the user sees enough of these messages through use, it helps to generate the appropriate amount of caution.