[tz] Rename Ukrainian cities to their official transliterated names

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Thu Oct 4 19:01:34 UTC 2018

On Oct 4,  6:41pm, Paul.Koning at dell.com (<Paul.Koning at dell.com>) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: [tz] Rename Ukrainian cities to their official transliterated

| I'm still not sure why there is a need to do a whole pile of work on the
| tzdb, merely to work around people who ignore the documentation.

I agree with Paul here; it is simpler to point the people who ignore
the documentation at the documentation (educational for them too).

The documentation is well written and provides both rationale and
guidelines. I feel that anonymizing the identifiers will just make
life more complicated for everyone in the name of some form of
"<insert-adjective> correctness/sensitivity/vanity".

christos