[tz] Rename Ukrainian cities to their official transliterated names

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 5 17:01:46 UTC 2018

On 10/4/18 8:36 PM, Phake Nick wrote:
> I would suggest putting relevant info in the readme or such instead of
> theory for visibility purpose.

I drafted some text along those lines, but after a cooling-off period I
reread it and it sounded too negative. README is a high-level
description of the project that should be welcoming, and putting
something in there that boils down to "Don't waste our time trying to
rename Asia/Shanghai" is off-putting. Even CONTRIBUTING is mostly too
high-level for this sort of thing. However, CONTRIBUTING can suggest
that if the contribution might be controversial then one should read
theory.html first (and give a URL to theory.html). Also, while I'm at
it, README can be reworked slightly. Proposed patch attached.