[tz] Another change on Brazilian DST time

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:01:54 UTC 2018

Apparently both IATA and Brazil's own airline industry (ABEAR) are pushing back on the government, citing at least three million passengers on 42 thousand flights will be affected.

Also stated by ABEAR's representative (translated via Google Translate): "Short-term changes bring risks to the entire operation of airlines".   It's good to see others have realized the risk.  I worry about the back and forth though.

https://www.panrotas.com.br/aviacao/aeroportos/2018/10/iata-ve-troca-no-horario-de-verao-com-profunda-preocupacao_159365.html

https://www.panrotas.com.br/aviacao/empresas/2018/10/abear-se-posiciona-contra-a-mudanca-do-horario-de-verao_159323.html

http://www.abear.com.br/imprensa/notas-e-releases/mostrar/posicionamento-abear-sobre-mudanca-do-horario-de-verao

-Matt