[tz] Another change on Brazilian DST time

Wed Oct 17 03:07:02 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-15 08:49, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 10/15/18 4:59 AM, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
>> Should we have a zone for these trains?

They should have switched after Kalgoorlie, maybe about Caiguna, to Eucla
+8/9:45 zone, before the state border, and stayed on that zone till maybe about
Cook, or somewhere else short of Adelaide.

> We've avoided having Zone lines for mobile clocks like those in trains or
> spacecraft, as there would be too many possibilities and it's hard enough
> keeping track of stationary clocks. The Indian Pacific sounds like it was
> following the rule of ships at sea, which is a reasonable approximation when
> crossing the Nullarbor Plain.

Overeducated surveyor couldn't just use "treeless plain" as too cliched?

AU added 29 Timezone locations https://timezone.com.au/locations/ just to
confuse web search results.