[tz] [tz-announce] 2018f release of tz code and data available

Stephen Colebourne jodastephen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:39:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 17:38, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
> On 10/23/18 2:38 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > AFAICT, the rearguard source files are not distributed.
>
> They are distributed in a different location; see the "PS" section in
> the most recent announcement. They are in source (zic input) form,
> generated automatically from the hand-maintained main source.

Great, But as I indicated earlier (and as per another recent thread),
what the Java world really needs is for a 2018g to be released that
uses 01:00 instead of 25:00 in the main format (not rearguard). Give
it 15 months and I'd expect the issue will have worked through the
various processes, but the JDK in particular is not always fast to
change [1]

Stephen

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2018-October/056167.html