[tz] 1948-1951 Asia/Tokyo DST information

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Sep 8 07:55:37 UTC 2018

Phake Nick wrote:
> Not really. It would mean the Sunday's clock go to 24:59 before jumping to
> 00:00 on Sunday. The official time the DST end is "00:00am on the next day
> after the second Saturday of September". So it isn't ending before the day
> change.

Sorry, but that reading doesn't sound plausible to me. I can't imagine a law
intending to refer to 24:59.9999... on Sunday (i.e., 00:59.9999.... on Monday)
talking about the transition occurring the day after Saturday. But perhaps
someone can dig up a newspaper in the affected area that explains things clearly
to the general populace.