[tz] Ethiopia local time

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Wed Sep 12 20:23:36 UTC 2018

Keep in mind that if 'local convention' is 6:00am is synchronized to
sunrise then the time changes every day since sunrise time is different
every day (usually by about a minute or 2 but that depends of the time
of the year). That would have the consequence that every day could be
slightly longer or shorter than 24h and that DST shift would occur every
day.  More over the time of DST shift would be variable since sunrise is.

And if we care to be accurate to the millisecond, you need to know the
actual longitude since that time variation of sunrise is a continuous
phenomena and therefore the time of shift of DST in the east of the
country would be different than the one in the west of the country with
respect to UT for any given day.

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Patrice Scattolin | Software Development Manager | 514.905.8744