[tz] European Commission proposes ending DST in March 2019

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Thu Sep 13 07:42:22 UTC 2018

Le 13/09/2018 à 03:55, Paul Eggert a écrit :
> In a major speech today covering several topics, European Commission
> President Jean-Claude Juncker said the commission is proposing ending
> daylight saving time in the European Union next year. Under the
> proposal, member states will move their clocks forward in March 2019 as
> usual, and then chaos will ensue.
>
> Well, not exactly chaos, but each member state will be on its own as to
> whether to move clocks back in October 2019.

But, thankfully, "Following that date, seasonal clock changes would no
longer be possible".

I also note that "The Commission’s proposal will now go to the European
Parliament and Council for agreement", so it will be a while before
anything gets decided, and then a while longer before each member state
announces whether they will be keeping permanent winter time or
permanent summer time.

Didn't they read the bit of your submission about giving at least a
year's notice?

--
John