[tz] DST in Samoa causes some teachers to have "thick brains", says P.M.

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Sep 18 05:10:10 UTC 2018

When DST hits Samoa on September 31, some schools will continue with their
nominal schedules, effectively observing DST. However, Prime Minister Tuilaepa
Sa’ilele Malielegaoi wants all schools to adjust their nominal schedules by an
hour during DST, so that schools effectively continue to run on standard time.
The Prime Minister criticized schools not on board with his plan, saying "Some
teachers just have thick brains, they are not thinking properly." He also said,
"The problem is that no matter the explanation I give to change the starting
time for classes, some people just don't want to understand."

My source is an article currently on the front page of the Samoa Observer, which
is registering the largest number of hits of any article there:

Feagaimaali’i-Luamanu J. P.M. slams teachers with "thick brains," wants schools
to start at 9am. Samoa Observer. 2018-09-17.
http://www.sobserver.ws/en/17_09_2018/local/36843/PM-slams-teachers-with-%E2%80%9Cthick-brains%E2%80%9D-wants-schools-to-start-at-9am.htm