[tz] Europe/Volgograd change from UTC+3 to UTC+4 from 28oct2018

Stepan Golosunov stepan at golosunov.pp.ru
Fri Sep 28 20:05:58 UTC 2018

21.09.2018 в 00:11:44 +0400 Stepan Golosunov написал:
> 20.09.2018 в 11:10:40 -0700 Paul Eggert написал:
> > Alexander Fetisov wrote:
> > > Volgograd region in southern Russia (Europe/Volgograd) change timezone
> > > from UTC+3 to UTC+4 from 28oct2018.
> > >
> > > http://sozd.parliament.gov.ru/bill/452878-7

> > If we're pretty sure the law will go in as-is, we might want to update tzdb
> > before October 10 since this is not much notice for downstream users.
>
> According to http://council.gov.ru/activity/meetings/schedule/63303/
> the first time the Federation Council convenes after 2018-10-10 is
> 2018-10-24.  This leaves just 3 days for the law to be signed by
> President if passed as-is.  IIRC, the bill that changed time zone for
> Saratov was in similar situation and was amended in the second reading
> by delaying the change a week or two.

So they decided to cut short wait for amendments. According to
http://sozd.parliament.gov.ru/bill/452878-7 the bill is already
approved by the State Duma and now is in the Federation Council.
Looks like no amendments were made.

The bill will likely be approved by the Federation Council on
2018-10-03, then signed by the President and published into law on
2018-10-08 +/- few days.

No amendments are possible unless the bill is rejected by the
Federation Council or by the President.