[tz] Japanese Summer time fallback transition in autumn 2020?

Phake Nick c933103 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:27:24 UTC 2018

In fact there's a report from Japanese government back in year 1999 that
said the total reduction of energy consumption due to summer time would be
about 5 million liter petroleum, which is roughly 0.1% of the total annual
energy consumption of Japan, however the report still say it's equivalent
to the total energy need of 250 thousands families, and that 0.1% energy
consumption would roughly equal to 1% of all energy consumption reduction
policy or 10% of all policies that are within the aspect if "fundamentally
changing lifestyle of citizens", therefore 0.1% isn't too little. The
report also said that Global Warming cannot be solved by large policies
that are unrelated to individuals but instead it would need to be solved by
accumulation of small policies to attain a large effect and such every
small bits count, and also it hypothesised that if summer time is
implemented then the life style of citizens might shift accordingly which
could reduce more energy demand than estimated.

Also, while the report do agree that household energy consumption on air
conditioning would increase after the implementation of summer time, the
report think it's only going to increase 28 million liter petroleum
consumption and is compensated by reduction in energy consumption in other
sectors like industrial air conditioning

http://web.archive.org/web/20021023004853/http://www.kokuminkaigi.gr.jp:80/genan/genan4_1.html