[tz] question around santiago tz, and sync tz

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 16 15:50:06 UTC 2019

gerar.moisset at orange.com wrote:
> What will be the new values for this tz? Will its included into next tz iana update? And when?
> where can i find little tutorial around this?
> I need to automatically synchronize our platform, what will be the best way for us from your internet access?

The new Chilean rules have been in tzdata since release 2018f (dated
2018-10-18). Although I don't understand the format of the messages that you
reported, evidently the new Chilean rules haven't propagated into your system.
Most likely this is because your version of tzupdater doesn't fully grok the
tzdata format and you need to use what is called "rearguard" format. Please see:

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/will-the-chilel-dst-change-in-2019-affect-ca-uim/kb000130609

https://web.cs.ucla.edu/~eggert/tz/release/2019a/

You might want to let Oracle know that they really should publish a fixed
version of their tool.