[tz] Anticipated strategy for handling US state DST rule changes

Marc Sackeli marc.sackeli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 00:49:44 UTC 2019

Guy, Paul,

Thanks for the follow ups. I've read the doc that Guy sent over and it
helped put things into context, especially the directory usage.

On 12/11/19 3:37 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> We will be in trouble if the state of New York splits,
> since America/New_York cannot be a directory name.
That is a tricky scenario. Thankfully that type of naming overlap seems
like an outlier. I'd like to think we are OK there given New York's
position within EST.

On a side note, how are you both extracting and formatting my quotes so
nicely in your replies? I manually made mine to match your format.

Best,
Marc