[tz] Add new timezone for Hanoi Capital, Vietnam

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 18 04:46:14 UTC 2019

On Feb 17, 2019, at 8:30 PM, KP <khaiphan9x at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bringing Vietnam to Asia/Bangkok is unreasonable, if you ask the Vietnamese people, there will never be an "Yes" answer, since the feudal period so far, relations between Vietnam and Thailand Not good and especially Thai and Vietnamese are not a country, you will receive vehement feedback from the people of Vietnam.

Is it time to go with something less geographical (and thus less political/cultural/etc.) to identify tzdb regions?  I guess if I had USD 1329.00 burning a hole in my pocket, I could buy the IANA "UTC/Local Time Comparisons":

	https://www.iata.org/publications/store/Documents/Passenger%20Standards/specifications-utc-app-f.pdf

and see what their two-character "Time Zone Code"s are, and whether they would correspond to tzdb regions.  If so, maybe we could ask their permission to use them.