[tz] Add new timezone for Hanoi Capital, Vietnam

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 19 18:03:14 UTC 2019

On 2/18/19 7:56 AM, Michael H Deckers via tz wrote:
> this is the only case where there
>    is a name in backzone/ that does not occur as a link
>    in the remaining data.

Yes, that's correct. The 'backzone' file mostly holds data I created
long ago that was later determined to be out of scope for tzdb, and so
moved to 'backzone' with Link lines left behind for
backward-compatibility reasons. Once that was done, there has been
little motivation to create more 'backzone' entries, they're out of
scope. The only exception so far has been Hanoi, as I later got
high-quality data for Vietnam from Trần's book that was useful for
improving Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh, and puzzling the data out gave an entry for
Hanoi that seemed worth recording in 'backzone' even though it's out of
scope. This exception doesn't need a backward-compatibility link, since
there's nothing to be backward-compatible to.