[tz] tzdb timezone names/identifiers and links (was: Add new timezone for Hanoi Capital, Vietnam)

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue Feb 19 22:31:01 UTC 2019

So, since it's pretty clear that the "There should typically be at least
one name for each ISO 3166-1 officially assigned two-letter code for an
inhabited country or territory" guideline has been, if not abandoned
entirely, at least significantly de-prioritized, perhaps theory.html needs
an update indicating that, yes, this *used* to be considered more
important, but is not any longer (perhaps going a bit into the rationale),
and that we don't intend to create new zones anymore if that's the only
justification.

--
Tim Parenti