[tz] UTC(+00:00) 13:55 - 23/02/2019

Soner Gönül soner.gonul at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 10:59:47 UTC 2019

I don't think this is an issue which only Tz community can make a decision
on. This "Etc/UTC" defined also in CDLR data as an alias. See
http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/common/bcp47/timezone.xml

<type name="utc" description="UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)" alias="Etc/UTC
Etc/UCT Etc/Universal Etc/Zulu UCT UTC Universal Zulu"/>

Personally, I don't like the "EARTH/UTC" idea, it seems kind of ugly. Only
UTC would be enough in my opinion.

--
Soner Gönül
http://sonergonul.net