[tz] possible error or new zone?

Steven Abner pheonix.sja at att.net
Mon Feb 25 14:04:53 UTC 2019

On 25 Feb 2019, at 3:42 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:

> Also, the file you sent is not part of the distribution. I don't know its format, or why it indicates that Dushanbe is unusual.

  It showed it as unusual because it is the only case where a 'literal' , "RULES" is defined as '-' or a "SAVE' time, with
the STD/DST defined in the "FORMAT" field. I've created a patch to my code to handle the break from normal.
  The file i sent is in your usual tzXXXXx type style,  '#' signal comments, 'Link' as link, etc..  The one difference is
the 'Abbr/' to inform the parser it is not a standard zone, but an abbreviation for other 'unix'-type functions to handle
the identification of strings that use abbreviations in the time string. It also serves as the "America" in "America/New_York",
for example. Most of the comments in the link are gmtoffsets, with the years it applies to a given linked zone.
  Here is revised file after the handling of the exception. Please use for however you wish, trash or information.