[tz] adding LLT to the Time Zone Database

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Mon Feb 25 23:38:50 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-26 04:23:24 (+0900), filip wrote:
> I was told that this is the community/staff of this mailing list that
> i should poke if i want to add an entry into the Time Zone Database.
>
> [...]
>
> Liberland is a pretty new country(2015) and the timezone is UTC+1(same
> as
> serbian). Could it be added to your database? It shouldnt be so hard i
> think and in iana i trust!

The tzdb only records "time zones".  It does not record "countries".

Unless Liberland observes a different time from Serbia since 1970, the
time is accurately represented by  Europe/Belgrade and there is no need
for a separate timezone.

See also the "naming" section of
https://www.ietf.org/timezones/tzdb-2018i/theory.html

Philip