[tz] Old timestamps on files

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 11:54:40 UTC 2019

On 03/01/2019 11:44, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
>> I've still got the 8" floppy disks from the TI system that predated my
>> getting my first PC ... only problem is the lack of hardware that would
>> actually read them to see what the dates were.
> Would they have been CP/M? If so, there was no date field in the disc
> directory.
>
> (I managed and extended a CP/M clone back in the early to mid 1980s.)

TI had it's own OS running on the TMS9900 family of chips and we were
building hardware to 'time correct' video signals controlled by the
TMS9995 processor. I'm fairly sure that the files were timestamped as we
used that to version the code builds. There were not many options for
code management in those days :) Nowadays a single chip does the work of
a 6U rack of boards ... and does it to a higher resolution ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL