[tz] Fwd: Bulletin C number 57

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Jan 8 01:32:04 UTC 2019

On 1/7/19 8:27 AM, Tim Parenti wrote:
> In light of the current US/NIST situation, it would be helpful to
> re-energize these efforts.  Happy to help Christian and others come up
> with something workable.

Likewise. I'd rather use the IERS file directly.

In the meantime perhaps we could forge the NIST leap-seconds.list file
(including a comment that it's a forgery and why we're doing the
forgery), and then substitute the real thing whenever it shows up. I'd
rather have a script to do that than do it by hand, though. We'd need
that script anyway if we start basing our distribution on the IERS file,
as so many users now grab the NIST file from us rather than from the NIST.