[tz] Metlakatla

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jan 11 18:23:52 UTC 2019

TechOps via tz wrote:
> Metlakatla has voted to reverse their
> prior decision. The community will be changing back on the 20th of this
> month and are hopeful the tz db can be updated for them. -Ryan
>
> Article:
> https://www.krbd.org/2018/12/12/metlakatla-to-follow-alaska-standard-time-allow-liquor-sales/
Thanks, but I don't see anything in that article (which is currently
inaccessible to me but is archived at
<https://web.archive.org/web/20181214091305/http://www.krbd.org/2018/12/12/metlakatla-to-follow-alaska-standard-time-allow-liquor-sales/>)
saying that they'll change back on January 20. Instead, the article quotes the
mayor as saying "I think what we’re going to do is we’re going to maintain our
time until they ‘spring forward,’ and then we’ll align with the state at that
time". That's what I installed into tzdb here:

https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/18755931c8bac2ac2539211e83b82ada0ee4ba5e

and that's what been in tzdb since 2018h.

If the Metlakatla folks have changed their minds yet again, and are now planning
for a transition on January 20, please let us know the time of the change, and
we need to have a source for all this.