[tz] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Jan 18 12:07:54 UTC 2019

Jaakko Hyvätti wrote in <CALuzrQf0HCdMkDN3Bp70PapL+77DK354U8OtKdsOU_koW\
HPXnA at mail.gmail.com>:
 |Another resort, Dusit Thani Maldives, is 2 hours off Male time, so
 |there are even more zones there than described in timeanddate.com.
 |
 |On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 6:23 AM Robert Elz <kre at munnari.oz.au> wrote:
 |>
 |>     Date:        Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:14:54 -0800
 |>     From:        Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu>
 |>
 |>| Also, it doesn't matter that Chagos changed in 1995, since the Conrad
 |>| Maldives Rangali resort didn't exist back then so there is no
 |>| inconsistency before 1995.
 |>
 |> Actually, there would be, wouldn't there ... before the resort existed, \
 |> any
 |> timestamps for that region should use Maldives time (Male) (which \
 |> presumably
 |> was what was in use in the location where the resort was yet to be built
 |> for whatever locals lived nearby).

It seems off-topic and destructive, but why not just wait ten more
years, the private Learjets need to land on a beautiful turquoise
water with no land (but lots of plastic garbage) upon it instead)
by then.
In fact that was my yesterdays first thinking: ah!  i did not know
this is still inhabitable!
And it is good that the elite takes so many efforts, and cares.

  (In case this is of interest, i was not in holiday at all, but
  i met our local deer in the industrial forest we have here; he
  is still accompanied with his long time girl friend, and both
  are alive and well, even though winter is very hard!  (Do not
  believe anything you read regarding animal relationships in
  school books!  And photos are liars.))

--steffen