[tz] Daylight saving in 2372

John Haxby john.haxby at oracle.com
Tue Jan 29 09:52:17 UTC 2019

> On 29 Jan 2019, at 03:31, Arthur David Olson <arthurdavidolson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" episode "Paradise Lost," Captain Sisko, at Starfleet's San Francisco headquarters, mentions "19 hundred 47 hours P. S. T."
>
> Per one source*, theepisode is set in June 2372.
>
> Seems there's no daylight saving in San Francisco in 2372, but the "standard" "S" is still used.

Perhaps Captain Sisko is one of those people who uses PST all year round, regardless of whether daylight savings is in force.   (I had a manager who insisted that a meeting was going to be 10am PST the following Monday, in spite of the fact that the following Monday was just after the clocks changed.   She actually turned up at 10am PDT.)

jch