[tz] VTIMEZONEs and Outlook

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 10 15:13:28 UTC 2019

Ken Murchison wrote:
> Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm fishing....
>
> Does anyone know what parts of the iCalendar/VTIMEZONE spec that Outlook doesn't
> properly handle and/or know what the requirements are to be compatible with
> Outlook?

I'm afraid that you're right and this is not a good place to ask questions like
that, as the Microsoft timezone code is proprietary and not publicly documented
well (not that any timezone code anywhere is documented well...). I suggest
asking Microsoft specific questions directly, as they should know.