[tz] Fwd: Bulletin C number 58

Sat Jul 27 06:36:04 UTC 2019

On 2019-07-26 21:39, Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:
> Il giorno 27 luglio 2019, alle ore 05:17, David Patte ha scritto:
>> For my products I use an algorithm (Meeus; Astronomical Algorithms 1998)
>> to 'predict' deltaT into the future. Does anyone have a good source for a
>> more recent algorithm that takes into account IERS values since 1998?

IERS (and USNO if you can get thru) have a lot of info, links, and refs about
what they are doing now both in rapid prediction and longer term.

> This page  may be a start: https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEhelp/deltatpoly2004.html

...adapted from NASA Technical Publication "Five Millennium Catalog of Solar
Eclipses: -1999 to +3000" (NASA/TP-2009-214174) by Fred Espenak and Jean Meeus,
described in https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEpubs/5MKSE.html with text at
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSE/5MCSE-Text11.pdf (2MB), available at
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSE/TP2009-214174.pdf (13MB), maps and plates at
 https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSE/5MCSE-Maps-[01-12].pdf (20MB each),
catalogues and indices in
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSE/5MCSEcatalog.txt (1MB),
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSE/5MCSEplate.html (70KB),
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEcat5/SEcatalog.html (30KB);
uncertainty is summarized in
https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEcat5/uncertainty.html
and the web pages have links and published refs on basis and background.