[tz] Fwd: Bulletin C number 58

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Jul 27 22:24:13 UTC 2019

On 7/27/19 3:15 PM, Chris Woodbury wrote:
> Back in the dark ages, when I first started writing C code, it was said that
> the ultimate documentations was the code.  In the NTP daemon

Sure, but the NTP daemon is not the only consumer of that data.

One other consumer is Git, which complained to me about that trailing
space, which is how I noticed it. A minor annoyance, but other consumers
might fail harder.

It's only a minor problem, and perhaps it would save us all time if we
just stripped that trailing white space ourselves rather than blindly
copying the NIST file.