[tz] Java & Rearguard

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 6 02:25:38 UTC 2019

Robert Elz  wrote:
>Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> | The assumption is that daylight=summer/advanced, and this goes a long
> | way down the stack, notably into CLDR.
>
> What are you planning to do when some jurisdiction does summer/retarted ?

I'm not Stephen, but I assume the answer would be, "We can cross
that bridge when we get to it; we don't have to solve it now",
and I don't think that's necessarily a completely indefensible
position.  You're basically trading off a huge amount of pain
now to solve a problem that *might* happen later, versus the
exact same amount of pain later if/when you actually do have the
problem, except by then, you and everyone else who has to endure
the pain are much more motivated to do so.