[tz] Java & Rearguard

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jun 7 17:16:05 UTC 2019

On 6/6/19 2:49 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Just because the Ireland law calls it standard time doesn't mean it can't be summer time as well.

POSIX doesn't have the notion of summer time; it has only standard time
and daylight saving time (also called "alternative time" in POSIX). The
1988 edition of POSIX did mention summer time, but this wording was
removed long ago, I assume because it was less accurate and/or confusing.

It's not unreasonable to use standard time in POSIX to represent
standard time in Ireland.