[tz] Java & Rearguard

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Jun 8 18:24:47 UTC 2019

Lester Caine wrote:
> And Ireland is a case where pre-1970 data is different to the set of data
> currently being used!

I didn't follow everything you said, but above statement may give other readers
the misimpression that tzdb has two sets of data for the Republic of Ireland. It
doesn't; it has only Europe/Dublin. As far as we know, Europe/Dublin is
reasonably accurate for Dublin for the indefinite past, and is also accurate for
the Republic of Ireland since it was founded. No other reliable "pre-1970 data"
is available for the Republic of Ireland, as far as I know.