[tz] More irrelevant political disputes about identifiers and labels

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Jun 21 20:43:42 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 14:09 -0600, Brian Inglis wrote:
> Perhaps this would be a good time to reduce the dispute surface by
> removing all
> country codes, all compatibility links, and all English time zone
> abbreviations,
> from all time zone data files, generating POSIX %z abbreviations.

This rather reminds me of the archtypical Dutch farmer in American
colonial times who burned down his own barn in order to rid it of rats.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|            My name means the shape I am! (Humpty Dumpty)            |
|                                       -- Lewis Carroll              |
|                                       "Through the Looking Glass"   |