[tz] Timezone in Autonomous Republic of Crimea and spelling of Kyiv

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Jun 22 19:50:45 UTC 2019

serhii.demediuk at cyberpolice.gov.ua wrote:

> For us, non-native speakers, Paul's last email was very clear that he already made final decision

Thanks for your response. I apologize that my email
<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2018-December/027306.html> gave you that
misimpression. That email's last sentence was intended to indicate that the
proposal was tentative and not final. However, as nobody has since come up with
anything better under the constraints of the tzdb format, I just now merged the
proposed patch into the developmental version on Github
<https://github.com/eggert/tz>, so this patch is now planned to appear in the
next tzdb release. The merged patch is attached for reference. Although I don't
expect this to make everybody happy (certainly I'm not happy about the
situation), the patch does appear to be an improvement.