[tz] need testing for new tzdb release for Brazil changes

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jun 27 01:25:49 UTC 2019

On 6/26/19 5:47 PM, Matthew Donadio wrote:
> would you entertain any help for build automation for releases and/or
> development nightlies that would be hosted there to offload some of
> the manual work you do?  Or if one of us maintained a fork on GitHub
> or BitBucket that did this (only mentioning BB because I am more
> comfortable with their automation)?

Something like that might be helpful. However, I've been reluctant to do
this myself, partly because I think it would make for more work for me
(not less), and partly due to licensing concerns: the GitHub platform
(as opposed to Git itself) is closed source, and tzdb development should
require only portable tools that are freely available so I would rather
not rely on GitHub-specific automation.

One possibility is to do build automation on some platform that is not
closed-source; I don't know whether BitBucket has similar issues. At any
rate I wouldn't let any of this stop you; if you can easily build
something downstream on BitBucket, that would be a useful resource I'd
think, even if it's not part of tzdb proper.