[tz] [PROPOSED] zic option for including data from a certain year onward

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Mar 9 05:34:31 UTC 2019

Thanks for suggesting that. I looked into the issue, and it can be a trickier to
truncate the output because truncation also affects things like the default time
type and the TZ string, and truncation might affect the 32-bit data (which is
already truncated) differently from the 64-bit data. I wrote a different
implementation, which supports truncating newer timestamps as well, as per
Internet RFC 8536. Please give the attached proposed patch a try.