[tz] Issue with EST timezone

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 19:29:15 UTC 2019

I think perhaps the confusion may stem from the list on Wikipedia, which I occasionally contribute to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones

Wikipedia isn't authoritative, of course, but it is cited often.  The legend at the top defines the terms used, but I could change the term "deprecated" to something else if it would be helpful.

I added the status column awhile back to encourage people to use the Area/Locality forms of names instead of the older ones.  I just added some additional notes to the ones Manjusri cited to suggest alternatives.

-Matt