[tz] Estimate for a new tzdb release with Brazil rules.

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri May 10 22:41:15 UTC 2019

On 5/10/19 8:45 AM, Pramoth Murali wrote:

> Do we have an estimate for when the new tzdb release might be
> available containing the Brazil rules?

Not really. As a general rule we don't do release schedules.

> Is there any way I can request this be updated sooner than later?

Yes, and you just did. :-)

> My company would ideally prefer to align with a more formal release
> cadence to get these changes.

You can test or deliver systems based by using the tzdb development
repository, which you can get as described in:

https://data.iana.org/time-zones/tz-link.html

It even comes with a version number; run the command 'make version'. It
currently has the proposed patches for Brazil.