[tz] Spelling of Ukrainian cities #KyivNotKiev

Vitalii Stavropolskyi stavvit at gmail.com
Sun May 12 07:33:15 UTC 2019

I see your point and thanks all for the explanation of how it should work.
The main idea, as I understood, that software vendors haven't to use
internal tzdb keys in UI. And I understand that it's hard to change keys.

I have started communication with software vendors, but they often refer to
the tz database, that's why I posted a proposal.
Tweeter, for example, changed Kiev to Kyiv after long convictions. It's
hard to persuade others, as they refer to the tz.
It seems to me that this database not only a mirror of popularity and
history, but it also influences others a lot and, in fact, creates rules
even for new software.

However, now it's more clear how it works, thanks.

--
Best regards,
Vitalii