[tz] WSJ follows AP to Kyiv

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Nov 19 23:32:46 UTC 2019

Guy Harris wrote:

> Bryan J Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> >  - Technical:  Historically UTF-7 US/NIST ASCII (again, circa '86)

You're right, I should have said ...
 - Technical:  Historically UTF-7 _printable_ US/NIST ASCII (again, circa
'86) -- _hereafter_ merely referred to as UTF-7

I think the rest of this became an issue with my using an
abbreviation (UTF-7) after defining it (UTF-7 printable US/NIST ASCII)
without adding that last bit.  I was also _never_ arguing for/against
anything, but what _others_ keep bringing up, that could be 'better
clarified' in the theory file.

We use "Rome" rather than "Roma" because we want "mainstream English
> spelling".

Correct, and people keep bringing up why that should be changed.  But,
again, if we look at changing things, then we're opening up a huge hole
because it will no longer be about just UTF-7.  That's the point I was
making.  That's all.  ;)

- bjs